This dessert is such a nice change from the typical chocolate or berry fare. The pears perfectly absorb all the delicious spicy goodness.
You will need:
- 5 Tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 medium pears, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sel Gris De Gue'rande Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Bakers Blend
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vietnamese Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream, for topping (Optional)
Preheat oven to 450F.
In a 10" cast-iron or oven-proof skillet, melt 3 Tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add pears. Cook and stir until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and lemon juice.
In a bowl, whisk flour, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour over pears.
Bake at 450 until puffy, about 10-12 minutes.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the Bakers Blend, Cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Spread over pancake and bake until golden, 8-10 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream.