This is an amazing breakfast or snack. Satisfying and healthy! Make it at the start of the week so you can grab a slice each morning for something quick and delicious. Lots of modifications are allowed to make this with any in-season fruit you'd like! We used apricots, but this would also be amazing with berries, apples or bananas!
You will need:
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Teaspoons Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoons Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 3/4 Cups Milk (Dairy or your choice of non-dairy)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 4 Apricots, quartered (or use 1 1/2 - 2 cups of any berry or fruit you'd like)
Preheat your oven to 375F. In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, coconut oil, brown sugar, and honey.
Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Cover the bottom with the oat mixture. Place your fruit evenly over the oats, then pour the milk mixture over the top. Give the dish a gentle wiggle to make sure the liquid seeps in evenly.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 42-45 minutes.
Enjoy warm, chilled or room temperature. Store in the refrigerator, covered, for 4-5 days.
Options: Add toasted nuts to the mixture, or sprinkle the top with Vanilla Sugar!