- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 pods star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 pods cardamom, crushed
- 8 red rooibos tea bags
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes | Ready in: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Place water, sugar, star anise, cinnamon stick, and cardamom in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let tea steep and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Remove tea bags and strain out whole spices; discard. Whisk in condensed milk. Pour into a large pitcher and refrigerate until flavors combine, at least 1 hour.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice. Serve tea over ice.
- Substitute orange-flavored black tea for the red rooibos if preferred.
- If using loose tea, use 1/2 cup tea leaves instead of 8 to 10 tea bags. In step 2, strain through a coffee filter or cheesecloth set in a fine-mesh sieve.