This drink can be made year round, but is especially delicious during summer Plum season when they're fresh and fragrant. Never store plums in the fridge as it stifles their delicate flavors. You can even use plums that have over-ripened a bit for this drink as they'll be ready to lend their juices. Any kind of plum is fine
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka, I prefer Spring 44 OR substitute a flavored sparkling water to make this alcohol free, it's still great!
- 1/2 oz. DRAM Pine Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Leopold Brother's 3 Pins Alpine Herbal Liqueur
- 1/4 oz. lemon juice
- 5 shakes DRAM Palo Santo Bitters
- 2 fresh plums
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Peel one of the plums and pit both of them.
- Chop into small bits and add to a cocktail shaker along with the Rosemary.
- Muddle like crazy to macerate the fruit and herbs together.
- Add all other ingredients over ice and shake very, very well.
- Strain over fresh ice and garnish with a Rosemary sprig.